Only 2 days left to get your submission in! 5.00pm on Friday 10 August is the closing time for submissions on the Mackays to Peka Peka Expressway proposal.
It doesn’t have to be huge – no novel required. Just put something in your own words about the things that concern you with the proposal.
The main title page is important. Make sure that all required details are present and correct.
Then list the issues that worry you, e.g. visual appearance, truck noise, changed traffic flows etc.
Bullet points are fine. Sentences are better. Remember: if you don’t list it in the submission, you won’t be able to talk about it at the hearing. But if you do list it, you don’t have to talk about it at the hearing if you’ve found it’s no longer important. You don’t even have to speak at the hearing – but if you don’t say you want to in your submission, you won’t get a chance.
1-1.5 pages should be ample, but it can be as long as you want. Remember, though, the Board have to read each one. You don’t want them disregarding what you say because you took 300 words to say what you could have said in 10.
- The environment
- The loss of homes, decrease in house and land values
- Future ease of movement around the district
- The disruption of Maori sites of cultural significance
- The impact on a healthy environment disturbed by excess traffic noise, lights visual pollution
- The excessive cost when there are less costly alternative viable options
- The impact of emissions on health and global warming
- Ecological: the loss of nationally-threatened bird and fish life classified as declining in NZ
- The severance of our communities
If you are sending it by email, send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Mackays to PekaPeka Expressway proposal”